Friday, March 25, 2011

Activity 1: About Norul (04)

I feel that depression is self-inflicted. Everyone has the power to bring themselves out of misery if they wanted to. Somehow, I think teenagers are purposely bringing themselves to the state of depression by thinking negative thoughts. Everyone should be thinking positive thoughts, but not too optimistic, because life does have it’s ups and downs. When I feel depressed (which I rarely do), I listen to really upbeat music to get my mood up and then reassure myself that everything is going to be alright.

Loneliness can be cured by socializing. Don’t wait for others to come to you; you make the first move by starting a conversation or asking a friend to hang out. Heartbreaks at this age is kind of stupid, and I feel that it can be avoided by not expecting so much in a relationship.

I feel that in being different from your peers means being yourself. Everyone is unique, so technically everyone is different. I’ve heard of a quote, it said that “Everyone is born an original, so don’t die a copy.” I think that everyone should be themselves and not change for others. It is better to be disliked for who you are, at least you know you are being true to yourself, rather than being liked as someone you’re not. Imagine how boring it would be if everyone was following everyone, and there was no originality or uniqueness in this world.

1 comment:

  1. I think that you have a good introduction, as what you mentioned after that all related to the fact that depression is self-inflicted. I think that you have shared your thoughts about many things and that you are very thorough. You also talked about how you would deal with these situations and i think that they are quite normal. However, you did not really give reasons about why you chose those methods.

    I like that you quoted from somewhere, as that makes what you write more unique :)

    ReplyDelete